For days I have been craving this sweet, silky smooth dish I saw a while back. Today I finally indulged myself and it was so satisfying.
I used a small 17cm round oven dish to make a single serving (that I ended up devouring in one go straight from the baking dish). You can increase the amounts; for a 25 cm dish I would suggest tripling the amounts.
(found on the blog fooddoodles)
50g-100g frozen (or fresh) blueberries
30g whole wheat flour
a dash of Vanilla extract
1/3 of a lemon grated
optional for serving: a tsp lemon juice, whipped cream, icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175C (350F).
- 2. Prepare a cast iron skillet, or baking dish by greasing it with butter and sprinkling with sugar. (I rubbed my dish with oil. This meant I could not remove the clafoutis from the dish. As I made a single serving I this was not a big problem but I did lose out on that lovely crust)
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together eggs, salt and sugar.
- Add in milk, flour, vanilla and lemon zest and mix well.
- Place the (frozen) berries in the bottom of the prepared dish and pour the egg mixture over top.
- Place in the oven and bake 45 – 60 minutes (depending on the size of your dish). The dish is done when the center is set.
- Allow to cool down slightly.
Tips & Variations
Next time I will make a clafoutis using frozen cherries and see if I can make them in a muffin tin….Any other suggestions are very welcome!