Lately I have not been posting very much. Why? Because I have been eating.
The last few weeks I came out of hibernation and spent most evenings eating out with friends. I almost feel like I have been on a trip around the world: enjoying Asian lounge restaurants, clattering dim sum eateries, pure Italian hospitality, French Michelin starred luxury – just to name a few of the experiences I had.
On my couple evenings at home I balanced things out by eating healthy steamed fish and vegetables. But the contrast proved slightly too much of a shock.
Enter ….. my favourite healthy “emergency dessert”: pineapple sorbet.
This recipe really only has three steps: freeze tinned pineapple, allow to defrost a few minutes, blend. See below for the long version and maybe from now on you will also keep some pineapple in your freezer. Just for emergency purposes only of course
(recipe found on the blog ‘Fat Free Vegan‘)
1 can of pineapple slices in their own juice (do not take the ones that are canned with syrup)
- Place the pineapple and juice into a zip-lock freezer bag or -container.
- Freeze until solid, overnight (or just keep some in your freezer at all times- for emergencies).
- When ready to eat. Allow to defrost at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Place in food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve immediately. Any leftovers can be stored in the freezer. Just briefly process again before serving.