(Donna Hay: no time to cook)
2 salmon fillets (180g each)
1 tbsp rice flour
1 egg white
1 tsp lemon zest
optional: 1 stalk of lemon grass, grated
optional: 1 red chili, chopped finely
oil for frying
125g mayonnaise (or tofunnaise)
1 ½ tsp wasabi
1 tsp limejuice
- Chop salmon into very small chunks. Mix with the remaining burger ingredients. If you have the time allow the flavours to mix for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Heat a frying pan. Add a little oil.
- Form patties (either by hand or using a serving ring in the frying pan) and cook around 4 min on each side.
- Mix mayo- or tofunnaise with wasabi and lime. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- Serve with some lime wedges. Maybe a green salad or blanched samphire. The salmon cakes combine wonderfully with Cheesy Quinoa Cakes.