Ok, I will be honest: Mayonnaise this is not. But it is a creamy sauce that can be used when you are looking for a healthy alternative.
It has surprised me how often I have made it. At the same time I am still trying to find ways to improve the recipe. If you have any tips, let me know.
200g silken tofu
¼ – ½ tsp salt
2 tsp balsamic or apple cider vinegar
a pinch of stevia or a drop or agave syrup
1 tsp mustard powder
a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Blend in food processor or blender.
- Refrigerate to allow it to thicken.
- It will keep for 3-5 days.
Tips & Variations
Consider some of the following
- 1-2 tsp Wasabi & 1 ½ tsp lime juice
- 2-3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp acai juice
- 2 tsp pomegranate juice
- chopped shallots
- chopped garlic
- chopped herbs
- 50ml olive oil (if using oil you should also increase the amount of vinegar)
- A little sesame oil
- Salomon burgers
- Five spice squid rings