This easy sauce keeps well in the freezer. Freeze in an ice-cube tray and store in a zip lock bag.
1 tbsp olive oil
3-4 gloves of garlic, minced
2 cans of tomato pieces (or chop up canned plum tomatoes)
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp salt
½ – 1 tsp red chili pepper flakes
optional: 1-2 tsp dried oregano
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté briefly.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until thick. Stirring frequently to prevent the sauce from sticking to the base.
- If you prefer a smoother sauce you can process in a blender.
– In an airtight container the sauce keeps for about 1 week in the refrigerator.
– If you wish to store it longer: let the sauce cool. Spread in an ice cube tray. Once frozen transfer into a zip lock bag. Per pizza you will need about 6 ice cubes.