I adore meals that involve a table full of small individual dishes; different flavours and textures that you assemble on your plate.
A tortilla meal is not about refined and delicate cuisine; the food is hearty and the side dishes plain. At the same time it makes for a fabulous informal feast.
This pork dish is ridiculously easy to prepare and so fabulously succulent! Dig in!
3 tablespoons olive oil
500g boneless pork shoulder
ground black pepper
1 large onion
½ red chilli
2 cloves garlic
100 ml (1/2 cup) chicken broth
- Heat the oven to 170C.
- Heat the oil in a oven proof pot with a well fitting lid.
- Cut the pork in bite size pieces. Add to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the pork until browned.
- Cut the onion into thin slivers. Add and cook until translucent.
- Chop the chilli and add.
- Mince the garlic and add.
- Cook until softened. (You could also remove the meat from the pan and then fry the remaining ingredients.)
- Add chicken broth.
- Cover, place in the oven and cook for 1 hour. Check every 20 minutes adding water if necessary.
- Once cooked adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary.