Chicken with Raspberries
Succulent and tasty Chicken with Raspberries. It takes only a few minutes to make the marinade, yet it tastes and looks as if you spent hours slaving over the stove.
This dish is perfect for feeding a crowd: it can be prepared in advance and you can cook several baking sheets at the same time.
Granted this dish is not light on the sugar – because of the amount of jam this recipe asks for I would suggest using a good jam with no extra added sugar.
(from the blog “the Greedy Gourmet”)
Serves 4-6 as a main meal
375ml (1½ cups) seedless (no sugar added) raspberry jam (didn’t find any; so I passed regular jam through a sieve)
80ml (1/3 cup) balsamic vinegar
45ml (3 tbsp) soy sauce
a generous amount of chili flakes
1 – 1,5 kg chicken knuckles (NL: kluiven) or drumsticks (about 8-10)
(optional fresh mint for decoration)
- Preheat the oven to 140C/285F.
- In a small saucepan, combine the jam, vinegar, soy sauce and pepper over medium heat. Stir until smooth. (Optional: marinate the chicken over night.)
- Cover a large baking dish with greaseproof paper.
- Place chicken and marinade in oven dish.
- Bake for 20 (knuckles) – 30 (drumsticks) minutes.
- Turn the chicken pieces. Increase the temperature to 180C/350F.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes. Check the chicken regularly and turn if it dries too much.
- Let the chicken rest before serving.
- Decorate with raspberries and mint.
Other pink foods for a baby shower (recipes will be posted over the next few days):
- Quick Pink Salmon Mousse
- Pretty in Pink: Devilled Eggs
- Quinoa and Beet Verrine with Smoked Salmon
- Beet Bread – Shockingly Pink
- Beet Hummus
- Mini Meatballs – Plain or Pink
- Raspberry Yoghurt