To round off the parade of pink foods I served for a baby shower, I needed a simple, tasty desert. Something that could be prepared ahead and served in individual portions.
I really should be embarrassed that I served something this simple, but it tasted great and look lovely.
(hardly altered from the blog ‘I can cook that’)
Makes about 12 small shot glasses
3 tbsp cranberry juice
2 tbsp sugar
900g frozen or fresh raspberries, defrosted
250g vanilla yoghurt (choose a good quality, organic yoghurt)
For decoration: 12 fresh raspberries
Optional for decoration: whipped cream
- Add the cranberry juice, sugar and the raspberries to a blender (reserve the 12 raspberries for decoration). Blend until smooth.
- Strain through a sieve and discard the seeds. (It takes a while to push the liquid through the sieve.)
- Combine liquid with the yoghurt.
- Fill the yoghurt into the shot glasses.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or even over night.
Other pink foods for a baby shower:
- Quick Pink Salmon Mousse
- Quinoa Beet Verrine with Smoked Salmon
- Pretty in Pink: Devilled Eggs
- Raspberry Chicken
- Beet Bread
- Mini Meatballs – Plain or Pink
- Beet Hummus