These Mini Crab Quiches are delightful airy little bites with a subtle zesty flavour. These tiny quiches come together in no time at all; they can be made in advance; served at room temperature.
They really are fabulous appetizers for a party or picnic. (Together with a couple of nice wines and a few more nibbles they will even turn your home owner meeting into a party…..as I discovered the other week).
(slightly adapted from ”Kitchen Classics: Picnic Hamper”)
36 mini quiches (I have never tried but expect you should have about 12-16 muffin size quiches)
Puff pastry – about 3 sheets of ready-made puff pastry (or 1/6 of a batch of rough puff pastry)
zest of 1 lime
3 tsp lime juice
200g crabmeat (1 can)
1 tbsp chives, chopped
- Heat oven to 210C.
- Cut circles out of pastry and line muffin tin.
- Whisk eggs briefly. Add remaining ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden.
- After removing the quiches from the oven tip each muffin slightly. This will make sure the pastry is flaky (instead of soft) after cooling.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.