Zucchini Pea Fritters
These Zucchini Pea Fritters are one of my favourite low-carb side dishes. They are full of flavour: fresh mint, sweet peas and salty feta combine wonderfully with the subtle taste of zucchini.
There are few dishes I eat as often as this one- so tasty, filling and healthy. Fabulous!!!
2 small servings
2 medium zucchini
(2 spring onions)
(1 clove garlic)
1 red chilli
(2 tbsp fresh mint)
(1 tbsp fresh parsley)
100g peas (fresh or frozen)
1 small egg
- Grate the zucchini and press out as much liquid as possible. If the zucchini is moist I use a potato ricer to squeeze the zucchini dry (DE: Kartoffelpresse, NL: Aardappelpers)
- Grate onion.
- Chop spring onions, garlic, chilli, mint and parsley.
- Combine all adding peas, egg, salt and pepper.
- Crumble in feta and fold under.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium flame. Using a food ring straight in the pan make little patties. (if your mixture is very moist, tip your bowl so that the mix you add to your pan is not too liquid).
- Fry until golden on both sides.
- Alternatively you can bake them in the oven at about 200C. Use a food ring to place them on parchment paper and bake for 15min on one side and 10 on the other.
Tips & Variations
Consider some of the following
- Use basil instead of parsley
- In my opinion only zucchini, feta, mint and egg are a must and the rest is optional
Variations are endless, I feel these fritters go extremely well with fish and lam.
- Salmon burgers and Tofunnaise
- Roast Chicken with Mustard and corn