Oyster and Cucumber
What do you eat when you want to indulge yourself? Ever thought of treating yourself to some oysters?
The other week I had a lovely relaxed day off and was looking forward to enjoying an evening by myself at home. To kick off the evening I needed a special yet easy appetizer. I remembered that a while back my friend TC gave me a really original and sweet gift: a shucking knife and a book with all oyster recipes.
It was perfect: within no time I had the most decadent looking plate ready. Clean flavours for pure enjoyment!
Thank you T for the inspiration!
(based on “Oesters & Meer” from Martin en Karina Zeeman)
1 medium onion
3 stalks of cilantro (coriander)
5 tbsp apple cider or white wine vinegar
optional: crushed ice for serving
- Peel and grate cucumber as well as onion.
- Chop the coriander.
- Combine cucumber, onion, coriander with the vinegar and pepper.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Wash the oysters and open them.
- Place the oysters on crushed ice, if using.
- For the original recipe place the cucumber salad on the oyster. I preferred serving it on the side to eat in-between oysters.