It is official: cauliflower is my new favourite vegetable!
Who would have thought that this vegetable is so incredibly versatile. All my life I only knew it baked with cream, eggs, cheese and ham.
Then last year it blew my mind to discovered mashed cauliflower. A few months later I found out that raw or blanched cauli makes for a lovely tabouleh-like dish. I was convinced the humble cauli held no more secrets for me. But I was so wrong! I present: Cauliflower couscous.
(found on the blog ‘Stone Soup‘)
Serves 2 (-4)
2 tsp ground coriander powder
2 spring onions
optional: a few pomegranate seeds
optional: a bunch of coriander leaves (cilantro)
optional: 2 handfuls of goats cheese
- Chop the onions. Fry until soft for about 5-10 min.
- Grate the cauliflower on a box grated or food processor.
- Add to the onions together with the coriander, salt and pepper
- Cook whilst stirring occasionally until the cauliflower is soft and golden. About 5 min.
- Chop spring onions and sprinkle on top with the other ingredients you are using
Tips & Variations
Top with avocado, pine nuts and basil