Meteorological autumn might have arrived, but there is still summer in the air. Although I love autumn I am going to savour every last warm day: I am going to soak in the sunshine, wear flowery dresses and eat as many summery dishes as possible.
This watermelon feta salad is a fabulous hot-weather side dish – fresh tastes, vibrant colours and ready in no time.
1/4 -1/2 watermelon
small bunch of mint
50-100g feta cheese
- Cut the watermelon into bite size cubes.
- Peel the cucumber. Cut into thick slices and then halve.
- Cut the mint into thin, short ribbons.
- Combine watermelon, cucumber, mint.
- Sprinkle with roughly crumbled feta.
Tips & Variations
- You could leave out the cucumber
- The goats cheese can be replaced by cottage cheese although then I would cut larger cubes and top each cube with a dollop of cottage cheese
- Roast Mustard Chicken
- Seared chicken breast