Tuna Olive Tapenade
You know you are a lucky person when you can look up from your plate and see a table surrounded with the smiling faces of friends. The air is full with the sound of buzzing conversation, bubbling laughter and clinking forks. The table is full of tasty bites and scrumptious nibbles. Life is good!
This tapenade is a great little make-ahead dish for a fuss free dinner party. It tastes salty, rich and earthy. Originally tapenade is made with just olives and capers. This version includes tuna. Quite moreish!
Thanks againTC and VV for giving me….and my tapenade… a place at your table.
(from ‘Aller Lekkerste Zomer’)
150g good quality pitted black olives
3 anchovies filets
1 can of good quality tuna in olive oil (about 200g)
a pinch of dried thyme
1/2 tsp lemon juice
about 2 tbsp olive oil
- Rinse the capers. Add to a food processor together with all the ingredients except the olive oil.
- Blend until the dip has reached the desired consistency. Add extra olive oil if necessary. ( I like my tapenade rather smooth.)
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or preferably over-night. Can be stored in the fridge for about four days.
Tips & Variations
Consider some of the following
- leave out the tuna and anchovies for a more traditional tapenade
- replace anchovies with anchovy paste
- add a clove of garlic
- add lemon zest
- replace thyme with oregano
- add chopped parsley
- raw vegetables as a dip
- cream cheese or rye bread
- crostini and baked ricotta
This looks sooooo delicious!
It tastes fabulous – and is so easy to make!
I love the addition of tuna. It sounds and looks delicious!
Thank you! The tuna really adds a interesting (and healthy) flavour dimension.
I make tapenade but without the tuna. I use anchovy paste and really like the idea of the tuna…thanks for sharing your recipe.
Olive tapenade really is something beautiful. If you try it wih tuna sometime, let me know what you thought of it. .
What a wicked & tasty idea! 🙂 Tuna tapenade: how cool is that?
Great to use as a filling or a base spread in a wrap!
I love the idea of using this in a wrap – I am sure it would make a great combination!