Lately I have not been posting very much. Why? Because I have been eating.
The last few weeks I came out of hibernation and spent most evenings eating out with friends. I almost feel like I have been on a trip around the world: enjoying Asian lounge restaurants, clattering dim sum eateries, pure Italian hospitality, French Michelin starred luxury – just to name a few of the experiences I had.
On my couple evenings at home I balanced things out by eating healthy steamed fish and vegetables. But the contrast proved slightly too much of a shock.
Enter ….. my favourite healthy “emergency dessert”: pineapple sorbet.
This recipe really only has three steps: freeze tinned pineapple, allow to defrost a few minutes, blend. See below for the long version and maybe from now on you will also keep some pineapple in your freezer. Just for emergency purposes only of course😉
(recipe found on the blog ‘Fat Free Vegan‘)
1 can of pineapple slices in their own juice (do not take the ones that are canned with syrup)
optional: fresh mint
- Place the pineapple and juice into a zip-lock freezer bag or -container.
- Freeze until solid, overnight (or just keep some in your freezer at all times- for emergencies).
- When ready to eat. Allow to defrost at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Place in food processor and process until smooth.
- If using add mint leaves when the pinapple is almost smooth.
- Serve immediately. Any leftovers can be stored in the freezer. Just briefly process again before serving.