Don’t give me that look!
Believe me: you can turn avocado into a fabulously decadent desert!
But I’ll forgive your doubt, I was skeptical as well when I first discovered this recipe. But I knew I had to try it – immediately! Some recipes are on my to-do list for years before I test them. This one made me so curious I had to try it instantly.
I was amazed by the result: super rich, creamy, thick, chocolaty. And it is incredibly quick to make….and healthy…. What more can you ask for!
Try it and be wowed!
(Found on the blog ‘Simply Dish’)
2 servings (or 1 very generous serving)
1 ripe avocado
1 ripe mango
2 tbsp dark chocolate powder
1 tbsp maple syrup
a few drops vanilla essence
a small pinch of salt
- Peel the avocado and mango and cube.
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and whizz until very very smooth.
- Preferably chill for a few hours in the fridge. Bring to room temperature for 30 minutes. (Or skip this step and dive straight in there.)
Tips & Variations
- Replace the mango with a ripe banana
- Omit the mango and only use avocado