Summer time and blogging just do not seem to go together. I hardly seem to be home at the moment and when I do cook for myself, I just throw together something super quick. But then last week I really needed one evening just vegging out on my couch with a movie. And what goes better with lounging around for an evening than pizza?!
But as I spent most my other nights that week at restaurants or dinner parties I really wanted to eat something healthy. A regular pizza can hardly be called a healthy. This pizza, on the other hand, is fabulously healthy: think bowl of quinoa with some veg and an (optional) sprinkle of cheese. I have experimented with quite a few different bases, and this one is among my favourites.
And if this has not convinced you: this pizza is easier to get right and comes together much quicker than a regular pizza dough. Basically you whiz some pre-soaked quinoa in a food processor voila your super-healthy pizza base is ready to be baked. Within no time you can sit on the couch, put your feet up and enjoy the comfort of a guilt-free pizza.
(Found on the blog ‘Deliciously Ella‘)
2/3 cup of quinoa (soaked for at least 8 hours)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp dried herbs (for example rosemary, basil, oregano)
optional: chili flakes
- Soak the quinoa in plenty of water for at least 8 hours or over night.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (390F).
- Drain the quinoa.
- Place quinoa into the food processor adding the vinegar, herbs, chili (if using) and salt and pepper.
- Whiz the quinoa, scraping down the sides a few time until the mixture is smooth.
- Wipe a pizza dish with a little oil (do not skip this step).
- Pour the mix in the pizza dish and spread out evenly.
- Bake about 10 minutes.
- Add toppings of your choice and bake for about 10 minutes until hot.
Tips & Variations
Consider some of the following toppings
- Tomato sauce, cherry tomatoes, onion rings, tuna, (light) mozzarella cheese and a hanful of rocket once the pizza is cooked.
- Tomato sauce cherry tomatoes, artisjoke, olives and a hanful of rocket once the pizza is cooked.
- Use this easy recipe for your pizza tomato sauce