Last weekend I hosted a baby shower for my dear friend M JvL. The challenge I set myself was to have a table filled with pink foods. One dish I will certainly make again is this incredibly simple and quick Salmon Mousse.
I served this mousse as a healthy canapé on slices of cucumber. But the next day I also discovered that it makes a fabulous sandwich spread.
100g (light) cream cheese
1 tbsp whipping cream
Juice of ½ a lemon
100 g smoked salmon
- Using a blender, mix cream cheese, cream and lemon until smooth.
- Slice salmon and add together with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate mousse for at least half an hour (I placed the mousse in a piping bag and refrigerated it overnight).
- When you are ready to serve your canapés, slice the cucumber into thin slices.
- Using a piping bag decorate the cucumbers.
- Optional: add one caper to each canapé.
Other pink foods for a baby shower:
- Quinoa Beet Verrine with Smoked Salmon
- Pretty in Pink: Deviled Eggs
- Beet Bread – Shockingly Pink
- Raspberry Chicken
- Beet Hummus
- Mini Kofta – Plain or Pink
- Raspberry Yoghurt